A community of believers seeking the Lord
In Prayer and Worship for Revival in our City
And to establish a prayer culture in the Body of Christ
The Sarasota House of Prayer is a ministry of the Sarasota Hope House where God is birthing outreach and missions into our community from an overflow of worship and intercession before His Throne of Grace. Central to the House of Prayer is the Prayer Room which is a sanctuary set apart for worship and prayer and to invite the Presence of Jesus. Intercession and devotional times are led by various worship teams from throughout the city.
Received August 29, 2012, Habakkuk 2:2-3 is the Foundational Verse to the Sarasota House of Prayer.
This verse outlines a two-fold prayer mandate for our city:
1) The promise of revival for our city
2) Pray for mercy from God’s judgments on our city and nation
“2Then the LORD answered me and said, “Record the vision and inscribe it on tablets, that the one who reads it may run. 3“For the vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay.” (Habakkuk 2:2-3)
During the 40 days of prayer before the Consecrate Conference 2013, we received 1 Kings 9:3,
that God would build His House, a House of Prayer for the City.
“The LORD said to him, “I have heard your prayer and your supplication, which you have made before Me; I have consecrated this house which you have built by putting My name there forever, and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually.” (1 Kings 9:3)
3 MAIN GOALS
1) Salvation of people’s lives and transformation of our community
2) To help establish and strengthen a culture of prayer in the Body of Christ in our region.
3) To equip and train musicians, singers, worship leaders and prayer leaders to serve the Body of Christ.
MAIN PRAYER TOPICS
1) Praying for Revival:
- United States
2) Preparing for Judgment
- Crying out for Mercy
- Preparation of the Body of Christ
3) God to Consecrate the Younger Generations
4) The Salvation of Israel
5) Praying for Justice Issues